The Scottish Discount : 7 tsuba at Juyo-Bi.com

Curran

I have 7 European owned tsuba up on my website at present.

The 6 Estate tsuba are pro bono work and denominated in GBP.

The Scottish Vote has greatly impacted the GBP for now. I've lowered the prices -7 to -10% to reflect this.

How long the discount lasts depends upon buyers, the Scots, and the GBP.

Please have a look: http://www.juyo-bi.com/sales.html

Also: I will be posting the Tokubetsu Hozon papers on the murmoachi Ko-shoami soon. Just listed it on Saturday.

I've had report from NMB member that he cannot see the website across several computers.

If anyone else is having trouble seeing either the home page or anything in the Sales Page slide shows, can you do me the favor of PMing me your country, operating system, and web browser?

http://www.juyo-bi.com

It seems the site wants to load the entire picture before displaying it, and some seem quite large, so the window remains empty for a while until each pic loads. For me, it took a while before all the boxes loaded and the pictures displayed. This can lead to thinking the images are not displaying.

Otherwise, it is a fine looking site.

Brian

Thanks guys. The info people sent helped narrow down what I need to do.

My intent was only to list one or 2 higher end items per month. Fate dropped 2 estates into my hand. While a few never made it to the website, that slideshow design I set up seems to be taxing most people's computers. Got to redo it.

I'll need give it an overhaul next week and may drop one or two items until others clear out. After these estate ones, it should only be 1 or 2 a month- but the slideshow thing needs revamped. I may ask a few of you for updated opinions later.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Curran,

The sales site looks great. Did notice one problem in that at the end of list of tsuba for sale there is about a screen full of dead space before you start to listing the tosogu that have already sold on the website. You might want to do something with all the dead space or just remove it. I noticed this on my home Windows 8 computer and my work Windows 7 computer. Hope you find this information helpful. Enjoy your time in Japan :D

Hi David,

Yes, I know about the dead space.

Site was suppose to be a minimalist site only listing 1 or 2 items at a time. I didn't expect the two estates to come along with such nice items.

1 or 2 went to 20+.

Now down to 6.

I'm unclear on what will happen to them, as am soon to relinquish them when I go to Japan.

I've been directed to give them one last price cut until Oct 25th.

Then not sure what happens. I suspect they go bye-bye to a dealer, auction house, or whomever puts the best offer on all 6.

Check NMB for the price-cuts.

I will post soon and give 24 hours advance notice to NMB people before I update the website.

Archived