Mumei Wakizashi for sale

Jussi Ekholm

I'm putting up for sale this decent mumei wakizashi. I don't like selling stuff I own but this one has to be moved if I'm thinking of improving the quality of my collection. It's in decent condition with multiple minor flaws, but it's well viewable in this condition. I cannot say anything definitive about age or school.

Nagasa: 44,5 cm (1 shaku 4 sun 7 bu)

Nakago: 13 cm

Sori: 0,7 cm

Motohaba: 2,7 cm

Sakihaba: 2 cm

Motogasane: 4,2 mm

Moto-shinogi-gasane: 5,7 mm

Sakigasane: 3 mm

Saki-shinogi-gasane: 4 mm

Nakagogasane: 4,6 mm

Kissaki: 3,5cm

Weight: 342 g

Blade is small sized and light. It has some scratches and some amount of pitting. It also has one weird circular dent in the middle of ura side. But in overall sword is in viewable condition as it is. Habaki is probably copper with worn out gold plating, it has split a bit at the seam. Shirasaya is quite nice, it has one small dent that I pictured.

Price: 650€, includes worldwide shipping & Paypal fees. Bank wire transfer is also an option for payment but I think most prefer Paypal.

I can provide fullsized pics by email.

xkHzjl.jpg

f76yUq.jpg

PJShv1.jpg

myfUll.jpg

VypNmT.jpg

8ruLwr.jpg

ESFCcy.jpg

f9KiWk.jpg

jz7XFo.jpg

CI6xbj.jpg

Y7KmEy.jpg

rjr7jD.jpg

qntfsC.jpg

cEMifI.jpg

4ls0fO.jpg

NaTaqT.jpg

FYbClW.jpg

Nice to see the discussion and interest towards the blade. I agree that romantic way of thinking can easily make that being a battle scar and I am not sure about the origin of it. I think the un-romantical explanation Chris gave might be more logical one. :)

This old pic is probably as good closeup as I'm gonna get. I cropped it to show detail.

EhTxDp.jpg

I would say if the hole is slightly square it's more likely a battle scar due to the yari/ya having a somewhat square point. Any other shape I would presume blister. Hard to tell without having it in hand. A nice waki none the less at a good price.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..