FULL Set Katana for sale

Nickupero

Have this complete set that will be offered for sale but giving members first pick if anyone is interested. Is accompanied with an all matching and old Koshirae, shirasaya and NBTHK Hozon.

The smith is Bungo-ju Fujiwara Nobuyuki, the Nakago has been shortened slightly at some point and the Nobuyuki was cut off. Solid silver Habaki, there is some kitae ware, nothing fatal and its only on the omote side, the hada is real active. Overall nice set at a nice price, I'll update the listing shortly with some measurements and more pictures.

Price for members is $4,650 US plus shipping and and transactional related fees, donation will be honoured if sold here.

post-4289-14196928270242_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928280241_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928285944_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928291123_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928300206_thumb.jpg

post-4289-1419692831105_thumb.jpg

Nick san

you always amaze me at the high quality swords for offer. Very nice indeed. Newbies, you cant pick up a sword and pay to have everything that offered here for that price. Have a project going on or id be on this.

Nick you are adding more pix of the ware and nakago right?

Hi Nick. I'm interested in this blade as a potential first blade for a friend who is interested in getting a sword, so I have a few questions. Is it in full polish, and if so is it a recent polish (and who polished it)? What is the length of the blade? Is it made with a simple suguha hamon or is there some interesting activity in the hamon? Photos of the blade would be much appreciated. Cheers, Bob

Thanks Stephen and Alex for the kind comments

Sorry guys for the delay, had plenty of pictures but I've been having issues with my internet connection, problem solved so lets continue this.

Thank you all for the interest, the photos should answer most of the questions. I bought the blade with the current polish you see, overall it is in good condition.

The Nagasa measures 66.3 cm / 26.1 inches with a Sori of 1.0 cm / 0.4 inches.

post-4289-14196928338596_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928352243_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928361524_thumb.jpg

post-4289-1419692837095_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928381796_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196928390976_thumb.jpg

This is an excellent deal! :thumbsup:

The koshirae is old and original, unlike so many amateur-assembled mountings we see on the market. This in itself is rare. :clap: Plus, this koshirae is beautiful and very warrior-like in taste, with high quality components (got to love the iron fuchigashira).

The blade has so much to offer :clap:

There are so many things to study and enjoy:

- bright steel with loads of ji-nie

- an o-hada which reminds (me) of some older swords

- utsuri (suji-utsuri?)

- very active hamon, with nijuba and sunagashi

Overall, the sword looks like an earlier (Nambokucho) Yamato blade (Taema comes to mind). This in itself is a testimony to this smith's talent.

BTW, the Takada school was very popular with the samurai, and for good reason. They have produced a no-nonsense, functional weapons, just like this one. Its beauty derives from functionality:

- o-hada gives resilience to low temperatures

- utsuri makes it more flexible or resilient (depending on the opinion of the nature of utsuri)

- blades with this type of hamon are said to be less prone to cracking

I would say that this is a very sweet deal for someone looking to buy a true samurai sword.

You all should go to Nick's web site if you think this blade is nice @@, and it is but some of the others are spectacular and priced as they should be.

http://nihontoart.com

It certainly helps to be able to deal directly with dealers/sellers in Japan and bring them back to NA. Take a look at the tachi mounted double body cutting marked blade@

Archived