Kantei paper origin & translation

Ken-Hawaii

Well, it actually was Koichi who came up with the translation/reading of the appraiser's name ...

Hi, :D

As for the Kofuda paper,anybody can read it easyly if only Japanese people.

However,Zanshin pointed out appraiser's family name and name which issued the Kofuda paper,and showed us clearly "what he was".

Therefore, I admired Mr.Dirk(Zanshin).

And I can't understand why you constantly belittle Moriyama-san's contributions.

No,there are no such facts.

We(Moriyama-san and me) are the relations which verify our mistake of translation each other on this translation section.

I'm just very pleased that we can have such teamwork on this forum. Getting a question like mine answered probably couldn't be done anywhere else, & the fact that experts like Morita-san & Moriyama-san cross-check each other just adds to the accuracy. Thanks again to all.

My house survived the first hurricane just fine, although we had a lot of water leaks that we didn't expect. But with 11 inches of rain overnight & 80-mph winds, I'm quite pleased that we had so few problems. Now we just wait for the second, much-larger hurricane to arrive on Sunday or early Monday....

Ken

Our Japanese friends complement each other, its our good grace to have them here.

Indeed, they are an invaluable asset and deserve to be treated with respect. We are very fortunate to have them here...

And I can't understand why you constantly belittle Moriyama-san's contributions.
No,there are no such facts.

It seems I misunderstood, I didn't realize that replies like ...
I can read this Sosho Sayagaki that Mr,Moriyama(Nobody) were not able to read partially at (XXXXXXXXX) .

Hi, Moriyama san,

You always use "I am not 100 % sure,---" at the beginning of sentences.

You should not answer when not confident.

Moriyama san, In this case,if you don't correct(by line or by text) your reading of two small kanjis, peoples of the non-kanji-world can not understand ...

You are misreading.Moriyama-san.

... are just part of a verification process. It's probably because ...
I think that it is difficult for Gaijin to study Kanji character,it is the same we cannot read the Arabian language or Swahili at all.
... I'm one of those gaijin who never will really understand the Japanese language. Or even understands the concept of "respect".

Hi,

Quotation of some of my above-mentioned texts were kindly advice to Mr. Moriyama-san, and has not lost respect to him.

I know that the cause of misunderstanding is I cannot do polite expression of English. This is a limit of my English ability.

I always accept to be corrected when I was wrong, like other members.

However, I cannot understand why ONLY I have to receive so called kindly advices.

Am I not allowed to make a guess or make a mistake because of being a Japanese? I do not think so.

I have never said that I was an expert or a teacher here. I have been studying here as a member of NMB like other beginners. Sometimes I can read Japanese writings and can answer to some questions only because I happen to be a Japanese. And sometimes I make a guess or make an unintentional mistake. But generally I understand that I should be careful not to make mistakes.

Sorry for off topic.

Some days, I wish I wasn't Admin. :(

I am glad we were able to settle this though. Sometimes the language barriers can create a wrong impression, and I am very glad that Morita san was able to clarify that his comments were not intended as they appeared. We will take that to heart as we continue into the future with what we do here. I hope everyone will consider what they write, and do their best to make sure that it does not look like criticism even when it perhaps is not.

The input from Morita san, and Moriyama san and others is vital to the success of the forum, and we need to remember that all are important, and everyone has their contributions to add. We all appreciate that there is rare knowledge and skills that we have access to here, that are rare even in Japan. For that we are eternally grateful. The rest of us rely on you few, so that we can proceed with our education here. It is good that we work together and not against each other as we all have the same basic interest here, and that is in teaching the future generations to appreciate and preserve Japanese art.

Since the original question has been answered, I'll lock this one unless someone has anything relevant to add.

Brian