Very Special Koshirae For Sale

Derek

Amazing Koshirae for sale. First crack at it for NMB memebers, before it goes on ebay.

NBTHK Tokubetsu kicho kodogu paper for tsuba, and NBTHK Tokubetsu kicho kodogu paper for koshirae. Gold silk ito.

The tsuba is mumei, mino, with the motif of leaves and vine.

The menuki are Rinpo, wheels represent Buddhist law, teaching and authority. Its spokes represent the eightfold path.

The saya is ribbed, with black leather saya ito.

The fuchi is signed Ikkeidou Jyoi. The fuchi features legendary Chinese poet/monk Kanzan reading a scroll, signed Jyoi, 1701-1761, accompanied by its matching kashira which features Shinno wearing a coat of leaves of the Taoist Rishis, and chewing a blade of grass.

The kojiri is one of the best I have seen. It is a wonderfully carved octopus and bird.

The kozuka and kogai are fantastic. The kanji on these pieces say "Katsu-jin-ken" which means the sword which is intended to revive a person's strength and vitality. In this case, that the sword is used in peaceful and ordinal manner; they became not for killing but to revive someone.

This katana koshirae has capacity for a 68.2cm nagasa, 1.9cm sori.

$5900 USD. Buyer to pay actual shipping. Prefer paypal. Donation to NMB upon sale.

Pictures to follow.

post-2823-1419692321794_thumb.jpg

Hi Renshi,

Real names (see my real name below) are required on this forum so please update your posts. Very nice koshirae you have for sale! The complete package and it papered by the NBTHK as a whole koshirae. If I had $6,000 laying around thats what I would purchase. :D

Archived