High-class kozuka (Fork, Knive and Spoon Sale Part I of IV)

Higo-san

Dear fellow board members,

so this is part I of IV of the - what I call - "Fork, Knive and Spoon Sale". I allow myself to give a short introduction to the name of topic:

These days, I am moving to a new flat and while carrying and unpacking boxes I found out that half of my forks got lost on their way to my new home.

No problem, I thought and went to the next store to buy some new forks. Back home, I noticed that these new forks do not match my old knives.

So I decided to also buy some new knives. Again back home, I realized that mankind made a great invention which is called spoons.

And someone back then also decided that these spoons should match the design of the forks and knives.

As many of you may already have guessed, I once again left my new flat behind and went for some spoons.

Being back home and feeling quite comfortable about being finally well equipped, I noticed that the spoons would not fit into into the my old kitchens' drawers...

I could continue this story but before everybody gets tired, I will tell you the outcome: in the end, I bought a new kitchen. And now it is time to part with some old stuff... and all that because of some silly forks!

So, what do we have got here:

It is a very beauftiful kozuka with the well known design of a rat's wedding. Done on a fine shakudo nanakao the rats are beautifully modelled using many metals like golf, copper, silver and of course shakudo.

There are no less than thirteen mice on this kozuka and each mouse has it's own dressing and it's eys inlayed with a small piece of shakudo.

An enthrilling work wich very much pleases the eye.

On the back side there is a nice carving of a torii which is plated with gold.

It is an exceptional high-quality piece which came from an old Swiss collection.

I am asking EUR 1,000.00 (which corresponds to about USD 1,340.00). Payment via PayPal is possible.

Shipping costs are EUR 3.90 within Germany.

EUR 8.79 EUR EUR within the EU

and EUR 15.79 worldwide.

Best,

Chris

post-4315-14196921394296_thumb.jpg

post-4315-14196921399389_thumb.jpg

post-4315-14196921402289_thumb.jpg

post-4315-14196921406405_thumb.jpg

post-4315-14196921410955_thumb.jpg

post-4315-14196921414185_thumb.jpg

Archived