Papered, signed, dated Wakizashi in Koshirae

Nickupero

Soon I'll be adding this Papered Shinto Settsu Wakizashi signed Kazusa no kami Shigeyasu, and dated Kanbun 3rd, 8th month. It is in very nice polish with a lively Koshirae.

You can judge form the many pictures added. Nagasa measures 46.5 cm / 18.3 inches with a Sori of 0.8 cm / 0.31 inches.

Price for members is $4,750 US, plus shipping and any transactional related fees. Donation will be honoured if sold here.

post-4289-14196920237544_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196920246178_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196920253148_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196920259123_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196920266197_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196920277222_thumb.jpg

Nick

The sword is in my eyes stunning, hope you get a good result in the sale.

In fact more than stunning, it would not be misplaced in a museum display! There are hours of study in this most excellent example.

Added to the fact the photography leaves nothing to be desired, this has been a pleasure to see, thank you.

As a fellow CANADIAN it is nice to see others appreciate the work and time that Nick puts in to what I see in him as a labour of love. Following a lengthy time collecting he and his wife decided that he could attempt to try and have a site that would only sell papered blades so that both seller and buyer were protected to some extent.

I know he personally goes to Japan and has contacts there that he utilizes to get access to the types of art swords that are offered to Japanese collectors and not the type of stuff that usually gets offered to North Americans. They are either purchased with papers or he takes them to shinsa and has them done before selling.

His site may not be as flashy as some but the pictures are second to none and in terms of honesty in dealing with - no problem. THere are only a handful of dealers/sellers in Canada that ever advertise nihonto - especially of this caliber and I for one am glad Nick decided to take the chance and get into the business - great addition to the world market.

Thank you all gentlemen, the comments are much appreciated and motivating. Its taken years of trial and error, playing around with many photography techniques, and I'm always still trying to improve. Yes Brian, the Kurikata is all solid iron, its my wife's favourite part as she loves cute things :lol: .

Brain B was very kind in answering for me (sorry for the delayed reply), he pretty much summed it. I don't buy anywhere else but Japan, and I also don't always find items but when I do I make sure the piece talks to me, otherwise I won't buy. Just have to say that as foreigners we are lucky to have access to the JP rail pass otherwise I think my cost would be way too high.

Thanks again for all your support!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..