Ebay Auction - Fake or Not?

I don't think it's fake, it's just in really bad condition. Mike Yamaguchi is an experienced seller who, according to my experiences, can be trusted.

100% agree... Mike is a good guy... he clearly states.."The blade is rusted, sold as is, ideal for polishing practice. "...

I have had nothing but excellent experiences buying from Mike.. he is honest and tells it like it is...

cheers!

Thanks for the reply and i'm glad to hear it. This was one of those maybe auctions and I thought it would be safe to double check.

Although the shape and taper appeared to be in line with the description, the off orange rust added some doubt.

Any idea how a blade can get to this condition? Overly exposed over a long time in a humid environment with no care or attention?

But why would you want it? It is $216 already and very likely to rise much more by sunday morning. Besides it is beginning of the month, I noticed people tend to willing to bid more (bloody hell, I was out bidded 3 times the past 2 days trying to get myself a yari..... sad thing is they outbid me by a merely a few dollars everytime).

I wouldn't be suprised if the rusty wak fetchs 400USD and you still have to pay to have it polished knowing full well some of the rust pits can be too deep to be polished out......

Sometimes, if you are lucky, you can get a wak in OK condition for 600-800, once not too long ago I have picked up much nicer wak blade from Stephen/Larry for under 200, check pic.....

To practice polishing, you can use a modern katana anyway.....

BTW take a look at Stephen/larry's old for sale post, there might be somestuff left in lower price range.

post-401-14196739355987_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..