NTHK 2015 Chicago Shinsa

The Nihon To-ken Hozon Kai (NTHK) is pleased to announce -

THE NTHK 2015 CHICAGO shinsa

April 24th, 25th and 26th 2015

Hyatt Regency Woodfield - Schaumberg, Illinois

Yoshikawa Eiichi Sensei and the NTHK have are pleased to have been invited to Chicago with their team of sword experts to provide sword collectors in the U.S. the opportunity to have their swords and fittings examined and authenticated under the same strict conditions practiced in Japan.

As this event coincides with the annual Chicago sword show held at the same venue, attendance is expected to be high, therefore early registration is encouraged.

for details on the shinsa visit; http://www.toryu-mon.com/Toryu-Mon/NTHK ... gistration

New Service!!

For those who cannot attend -

The organizers of this years show will handle mail in items

For full details Contact Mark Jones

http://www.chicagoswordshow.com

427 W Dussel #128 Maumee

Ohio 43537-4208 USA

For details on the fast growing Chicago Sword Show see;

http://www.chicagoswordshow.com

See details of the amenities and location of the hotel, as well as make your reservations here;

Hyatt Regency Woodfield - Schaumburg, Illinois

Hoping to see you all there!

-t

Our FAQ page

http://www.toryu-mon.com/Toryu-Mon/FAQ.html

If you have any other questions about this or future NTHK events

Visit http://www.toryu-mon.com

Or please email us at;

nthk2015@toryu-mon.com

to register please visit our shinsa registration page

http://www.toryu-mon.com/Toryu-Mon/NTHK ... gistration

• 6 months later...

Folks -

Just a reminder that now is the time for registrations, as we are less than two months from the Chicago Show. Also I have updated the website with a hyperlink to the registration forms as some people had reported problems loading and printing the form.

If you explore the website a bit you will see that we also updated the galleries, especially the armour page with pictures from our recent trips to Dallas and L.A.

Should you have any questions about the shinsa, contact me here or thru the website, Thank you.

-t

• 3 weeks later...

Folks

Just a reminder, we are just over a month away from the Chicago Samurai Sword Show. I have heard from lots of people, that I look forward to seeing there. It has been ten years. If you are thinking of submitting items for shinsa now is the time to send it in to guarantee a good time slot. If you know folks back East not on this forum we do ask that you spread the word. Should anyone have questions you can message me here or send us an email:

nthk2012@toryu-mon.com

Cheers,

-t

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All

Anyone waiting on their timeslot confirmations, I want to apologize, we had a flurry of registrations come in over the weekend. I will need to work those into the schedule before sending the confirmations out. If you are still on the fence about your submissions, now is the time to send in those registrations.

Of course if anyone has questions feel free to contact me here or send us an email nthk2012@toryu-mon.com

-t

• 2 weeks later...

All-

timeslots have been schedulled for all three days, and confirmations were sent out via email yesterday. If you did not get a confirmation for shinsa please let me know.

There are still openings in the afternoon hours but online registration closes on the 15th of this month so if you have not registered now is the time to do so. Thanks to our many returning customers and to the many new collectors we look forward to meeting in Chicago,

-t

• 2 weeks later...

"The taxman cometh!"

All-

We are closing online registrations today, any checks received after Friday will not be processed as we will be en route to Chicago.If you havent sent in your reservations as yet, we ask that you please come see us at the show. We still have slots left and if you come see me on Friday we will work you into the schedule. Keep in mind allmtransactions are cash only on the day of the Shinsa.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

-t

• 2 weeks later...

to Jamie and everyone else,

Sorry just checking in online for the first time since Thursday. We have had two great days thus far. I got a little time in the show room today and loved what I saw. Bought a book, may buy some other stuff if I get free time tomorrow. The level of study is up as many of the pieces we are seeing are in good shape, and the team has been able to provide good attributions for most.

Thanks to all who supported the event, one more big day to get thru,

-t

and yes Stephen this is just the kinda crazy weekend I want every year for my birthday!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Folks -

We want to thank everyone for their support of this year's Chicago Shinsa we certified more than 180 items for more than 70 lucky collectors. Those certificates have now been sorted, packaged and mailed out. Most should receive their kantei-sho within four days, if you are in Canada or Estonia it could take a little longer than that.
    It was very pleasing to see so many had taken the time to study and prepare their pieces for shinsa with excellent result. Once again you have shown that scholarship in the area of Nihonto continues to grow in the U.S. On behalf of Yoshikawa Sensei and the whole team we thank you again and when next the NTHK visits the U.S. we hope you will again consider us as your shinsa team.

Thomas C Helm

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..