NBTHK Tsuba publication June 2014

Was just in touch with the NBTHK and reserved enough copies.

I will place the final order towards the end of August to give participants of

several of the upcoming sword meetings the chance to place an order. I accept

payments from now on, so if you are going to place an order, please paypal me

either 40 USD or 35 Euro per copy. My account runs either via "dojigiri@hotmail.com"

or "markus.sesko@gmail.com". If you want to pay by wire, get in touch with me for

my bank details. Also please add 4% PayPal fee. Not that I am greedy but

I just want to do this with +/- 0, no profit but also with no loss as my wife and I will

pack and ship a big pile of copies upon arrival. :D

I would have an interested for 2 copies if you could ship to France ?!

If so, what would be the cost (in Euro) ?

Hi Sébastien, the total amount for two catalogues shipped to France is 70 Euro.

Please follow the payment details I stated above. :thanks:

• 4 weeks later...

I have to place my order soon and want to know if there are any more interested in a copy.

There are 33 copies left at the moment and NBTHK urged me to get as close as possible

to the number of copies I have reserved there (100 reserved, 67 sold). So if you want a

copy please PM or Email me (markus.sesko [at] gmail.com). Would be nice if some more

can be sold as I am actually going to order all (or almost all) reserved copies in order not

to "loose my face" if you know what I mean.

:thanks:

Short update: Thank you all, really! I was able to gain a few more orders and there are now 16 copies left. Order will be placed on September 1st. Three-quarters of the copies are shipped here to the US and one quarter to Germany where a friend of mine kindly forwards the copies to the orderers from D/A/CH.

There are now only 4 copies left and I put down all the names of those who reserved one.

In this sense I would like to say thank you to all of you and I am overwhelmed by the support of

those who initially didn't go for one but purchased one to get me out of the situation having about

35 unsold copies at home.

:thanks: :bowdown:

This strengthens my belief that there is indeed a dedicated, committed, and close-knit Nihonto community

and that the NMB is its hub. So also a big thank you to Brian and all the moderators who keep this going. :beer:

Upon my order at the NBTHK, I will post some updates here like when the copies arrive and when I have

shipped them.

Glad to have been able to help, even if just with getting the word out. Thank you for taking the time and effort to help the members get a copy.

Sorry I wasn't able to purchase a copy myself due to circumstances.

Brian

Short update:

Order is placed but I have a last question: Is there any UK-based member willing to forward a bulk shipment of catalogues from Japan to UK rderers? We are talking about 12 shipments (16 catalogues, 2 orderers receive more than 1, minus the forwarder himself). I am asking because the UK is the third largest group. A friend of mine forwards as mentioned the catalogues to D/A/CH what makes the second largest group. The largest group is US/CA which I do of course myself as also the remaining ones scattered around the world. All costs (shipping fees, boxes, etc.) will be fully refunded by me of course. :thanks:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Peter! I will have the NBTHK ship 16 copies via SAL to your place.

Apart from that, I am going to send you the list of UK orderers somewhat later today via PM.

Happy to help. :)

Is it possible for someone to post the dimensions of the book so I can investigate which size of shipping boxes I need to buy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..