Kyo - Sukashi Tsuba NMB Discount

Curran

Had an NMB member fail to finish his time payments.

Thus this tsuba is available.

Almost pristine Kyo-sukashi that is older than it looks [well aged woman]

Fitted box w/ handwriting notes in Japanese on the label affixed.

Posted to eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141324660744?ss ... 1555.l2649

NMB members who contact me through my website: curran@juyo-bi.com

can discount it 20%.

post-51-14196914146211_thumb.jpg

post-51-14196914151295_thumb.jpg

Hi Christian,

I agree it is a very nice Kyo-Sukashi tsuba at a good price that need to be posted due to forum rules. Currently all my money is being saved for another tsuba I have already committed to back in May. :(

Christian-

Yes, a fine tsuba with exceptional custom box and history, kept in that best 'Japanese collector' level condition. We westerners tend to be a bit rougher in our tenures as curator.

The buyer defaulted on it and both #2 and #3 gents in line purchased others from Juyo-Bi, so this one went public fire sale.

Given the NMB rate, I expected it to be gone within 48 hours. Instead... a bunch of watchers.

I'm more into my Higo kinko and pre-Edo stuff these days, but it is a finer Kyo Sukashi than I ever owned.

Odds are it will eventually wing its way to a European collector or back to Japan.

It has gotten so the people at the post office know I come with a Global Priority or Global Express package and Customs Form in hand.

Enough said.

Later Gators....

Uhmmps-Bulp... :beer: and :popcorn: !

Curran,if i right now could afford me so to buy me an further Tsuba...i certainly had grabbed it already 2 days ago when i saw your´s post... ;)

unfortunately but,i just did an investment (again) some days ago...and i not at all do want to get additional further questions by mine better behalf why again (it got the need) so to "bancrupting" mine portemonnaie once again....(Laugh!)

if it´s still available in around one month...do give me sign, do let start the engines and do give green light for the Bomber squads winging it promptly into direction to good old Germany...

sorry-actually it´s but better for me so to pass on it.... ;) :!:

Generally speaking:

Gents!....you do ask and want adwise for good Tsuba....!

Here is one of such candidates!

An Kyo;-and yes!-an good one!...(and there are definitely not that much in sum of these)

do find yoursself an early Kyo in that condition!....Syssiphus work...

(Curran actually "throws peanuts to the apes" and none does realise in fact...they got fedd with too much "bananas"????)

:dunno:

Christian

Why do people always assume that no-one is recognising quality when good items go unsold?

I am pretty sure there are LOTS of us wishing we had some money to our names right now. But like myself....I am sure many of us are going into the new month with bank accounts already seriously into the negative numbers.

It's not for lack of interest, it is just lack of money. We are fully aware of the good deal and quality here. But eating and paying the homeloan always come before tsuba in my books :(

Brian

Brian:

It may hack off other dealers that I intend to be about as close to an NPO as I can be without having to do the IRS paperwork.

Money isn't the issue, as people know I will sell things below market if they are the right person to enjoy something.

Time sucking me for months.... that I take issue with.

I do admit to being particularly ticked off at the NMB member who gave me the two months of suckage on this one. He's definitely in the mental penalty box.

Trying to do too much for too many people privately.

There are some very honorable and interesting people on this board of all levels, and also some that are huge time sucks.

I've about 3 pieces left that will go to market privately or in public, + those I will handle from a European estate.

Then probably won't have time to help anybody until after the New Year.

You are the anti-time suck. You've done more to support the community than I can probably do in the next 10 years.

If you need or want something, PM or email me through the website 24/7

Archived