Are you going to San Francisco? Token Kai August `16 - 19.

HI:

I too am making the long trip to San Francisco from Toronto Canada. I still have a significant debt to pay off so I will have things priced to sell. It is too early to come up with the list but I am pairing down my collection - so expect some good Hizento.

I don't have very far to travel but expect to be there all weekend myself.

You can find me at Alan Harvie's table across from the Krausewerks and Nihonto.com tables. Stop by if you're looking for any books and don't be surprised if you find me crawling the aisles looking at anything and everything.

-t

(Thomas C Helm http://www.ncjsc.org)

PS The 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love will be held in Golden Gate Park on September 2nd, lots of girls with flowers in their head (um hair...)

PS The 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love will be held in Golden Gate Park on September 2nd, lots of girls with flowers in their head (um hair...)

-t, will they be burning those things again ?

sadly I will be in Boston again that time of year.................

milt the ronin

I'll be there with some stuff from our (me and Ted Tenold) website Moderntosho. A few gendaito, kogatana, that kind of stuff. I'm also bringing along a repolished/remounted Ichiryushi Nagamitsu with Hozon papers from the NBTHK. Kinda interesting to see that on a Showa smith like Nagamitsu.

I know Ted has a lot of stuff from his http://legacyswords.com/. And he has other things not on the site that are really nice. We'll be sharing a couple tables. And I'm bringing my family along too this time for a sort of long weekend deal. Should be interesting.

I'm really looking forward to the NBTHK American Branch display. I always tank at the kantei, but the education is always invaluable.

• 2 weeks later...

If any one cares to look at the Katsumitsu, It will be on Ed Marshall's (YAKIBA) table, then his web site if it does not sale at the show.

Here is his write up, i thank Ed here for his help.

KATANA

BIZEN OSAFUNE “KATSUMITSUâ€

SUE-KOTO / EISHO 1504

SAIJOSAKU / RYOWAZAMONO

NTHK PAPERS

KOSHIRAE

SUGATA: SHINOGI ZUKURI

MEI: MUMEI

DATE: NONE

NAGASA: 66cm

OVERALL:

MIHABA:

KASANE: 0.625cm (0.25")

SORI: 1.25CM (0.5â€)

NAKAGO: O-SURIAGE

MEKUGI ANA: TWO

YASURIME: KATTESAGARI

MUNE: IORI

HADA: ITAME

HAMON:

BOSHI: MIDARE KOMI

HABAKI: ONE PIECE GOLD FOIL

HORIMONO: NONE

BIZEN OSAFUNE “KATSUMITSUâ€

KATANA IN KOSHIRAE ATTRIBUTED TO DEN BIZEN OSAFUNE KATSUMITSU BY THE NTHK. HAWLEYS LIST A LARGE NUMBER OF SMITH’S USING THE NAME KATSUMITSU, HOWEVER MOST CAN BE ELIMINATED BY THE PERIOD ATTRIBUTION OF EISHO 1504. THIS NARROWS IT DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY AND FUJISHIRO’S ONLY LISTS ONE FOR THE EISHO 1504, THIS IS KATSUMITSU, JIROZAEMONNOJO WHO IS HIGHLY RATED AT SAIJOSAKU AND RYOWAZAMONO. THERE WERE SUBTLE DIFFERENCES IN THE WAY THE DIFFERENT KATSUMITSU SMITHS SIGNED THEIR WORK, UNFORTUNATELY THIS SWORD HAS BEEN SHORTEND AND THE MEI LOST, HENCE THE DEN ATTRIBUTION.

THIS SWORD IS IN FRESH POLISH AND WHICH GREATLY ENHANCES THE STUDY OF THE ABUNDANT ACTIVETY FOUND IN THIS SUE-KOTO BIZEN KATANA. THE ONLY NEGATIVE FEATURE OF THIS SWORD OTHER THAN THE LOSS OF THE MEI IS A TINY HAIGIRE. THIS HAIGIRE IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE, IN FACT THE SHINSA TEAM MISSED IT ALL TOGETHER AND WAS POINTED OUT BY THE OWNER. EVEN WITH THIS SMALL FLAW THE SWORD WAS GIVEN A KANTEISHO OF 74/100 POINTS, AND STILL DEEMED WORTHY OF PRESERVATION, AS WELL AS AN EXCELLENT STUDY/DISPLAY PIECE.

THIS SWORD WOULD LIKELY BE VALUED IN EXCESS OF 25K IF NOT FOR THIS. ON THE POSITIVE SIDE THIS MEANS THAT YOU CAN OWN A KOTO PERIOD SWORD IN NEW POLISH, PAPERED, RATED SAIJOSAKU AND RYOWAZAMONO, AND IN KOSHIRAE FOR A MERE FRACTION OF IT’S TRUE VALUE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..