out bid on this ebay item??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

Was watching this for 4 days until I realized it was in a consignment store just up the road in Fort Lauderdale.... was out bid on it, but I am 99.99% on it being genuine nihonto....

I went up there and inspected it this morning... on close inspection well defined fukura (esp ko-shinogi) and shinogi... No hamon present at all, of course..... they wouldn't let me take the tsuka off so I only saw the very bottom tip of the Nakano....

I couldn't justify more than $500 and the boss (read wife) would have had my balls in a blender for even that, I expect... still I am dreaming of finding a Rich T special for restoration to it's former glory.

I think this may be a good'un.... bidding went from 200 to 720 in the last 10 seconds...

Cheers!!

Yep...

I am bummed I didn't win it... oh well one day... the blade was nice too as far as I could see.... as I said the ko-shinogi was well defined and far too crisp to be a fake as far as I could see... the chips in the blade were not too bad... I think it could have been brought back too...

I believe (read 'know') it went to a good home anyway!! ;)

Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..