Looking for a copy of Toko Taikan

I have been looking for a copy of Toko Taikan by Tokuno but with no luck. Does any one know where I can get a copy? Also, has any one read the encyclopaedia of Japanese swords publish by Gakken, is it a good beginner book (I already have The Connoisseur's Book of Japanese Swords, The Japanese Sword by Sato and The Samurai Sword by Yumoto)? The cover says that it covers swords from decoration sword from koto period to “mid-age†Tachi to Daisho. Sounds very interesting to me....

Guest Simon Rowson

Hi Jon,

Regarding "The Encyclopaedia of Japanese Swords" (Volumes 1&2) published by Gakken, these are profusely illustrated Japanese paperbacks.

Amazing pictures but totally in Japanese I'm afraid so probably less than helpful to you.

Simon

Thanks guys!

Simon san, concerning “the encyclopedia of Japanese swordsâ€, does it mean if I understand Japanese, the book will be a good read then? I am Chinese (So I understand 40% of Japanese characters anyway) with limited education on how to read Japanese and have a dictionary plus my land lord/flat mate’s wife is Japanese.

Guest Simon Rowson

Hi Jon,

With your knowledge of kanji and your landlord's wife as back-up, I think that you may certainly find these two books very interesting. :)

Volume 1:

aa1yn5.th.jpg

Volume 2:

aa2ii3.th.jpg

All the best,

Simon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..