Fujiwara Sukeyuki gendai?

batesman

Greetings all,

I have been lurking on this board for some time, soaking up the wealth of knowledge that is present. Thanks to you all for sharing what you have learned!

I am trying to determine the legitimacy of this gendai and mounts (I know it is difficult to do with only photos to work with), and I would appreciate any input from the group. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-WW-II- ... NA:US:3160

I can't shake the feeling that something looks off about this signature. An example of the smith's signature is present here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4164

The seller, Showa22 has many other gendai listed for sale and I wondered if this is someone from this forum, or if this person is a purveyor of replicas. Based on what can be seen, is it possible to definitively determine the authenticity of this blade and it's fittings?

Kind Regards

• 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..