Emura on ebay

consignment peace, Reserve is less than what Aoi Art is selling a Emura for, with twice the value, check out the large black Nie, tip needs a touch up hence the low reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Aoi's Emura

http://www.aoi-art.com/gunto/06470.html

even less than what Andreas is sword is listed at.

http://www.aoi-art.com/sword/katana/07058.html

It's nice to see Emura is starting to sell at higher prices and may be taken more seriously as a true nihonto... I say these things because I have one :D . But regardless of how much it is eventually valued at, I won't be able to sell it and stay married. My wife bought it for our anniversary . Whenever I sell a sword, she is nervous that I may have sold the emura. :lol:

Thanks,

deron

after owning three Emura and as many Nagamitsu..one I'm still crying about for selling...I'm quite confidant that the market for these Gendaito smiths will rise higher than Yasukuni in the future, prices will be in the 6-8 K in just a few years. Thanks for the look.

I've owned many different gendaito and my favourite by far is my Amada Sadayoshi. The jigane looks just like a good quality shinto sword. His rating in Slough at 1 million yen is completely wrong but can be used to your advantage ;)

I think gendaito is pretty much one of the best areas to collect in at the moment. Prices are cheap and can only rise in the future.

Stephen -

I also currently have 3 Emura and 3 Nagamitsu (Bizen Ichiryushi)

plus a Seki Nagamitsu. Have had a dozen or so more pass

thru my hands over the years - several of which I wish now

I hadn't sold - (kick me, kick me!). Mostly very good blades,

but a lot of variation in quality of workmanship IMHO. I guess

due to some being by apprentices, prisoners taught by

Emura and/or helpers of Nagamitsu. As with all Nihonto, they

need to be judged individually.

Rich S

Guest Simon Rowson

One of the nicest swords I've seen in recent years was an Emura gendaito in shira-saya.

It was in Don Bayney's window at the Grey's Antique Market, London and it had everything - an amazing chogi-midare hamon, beautiful itame-masame hada and even what looked like utsuri.

It was the first time I'd seen an Emura in full polish and thought it was an older blade until I removed the tsuka.

I can see why people love them.

I see Bullpuppy's sword didn't go past the $1800 opening bid either. Pity..seems like it is a good time for buyers and not a great one for sellers currently. I need to improve my savings to be able to pick up good deals like these. :cry:

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..