Dai Tôken Ichi 2013 photos

The study session at Mr. Kurokawa’s house: almost 100 swords of the highest caliber (I think the “lowest” level was Tokubetsu Jûyô [!]). I can’t thank Mr. Kurokawa enough for this fantastic learning opportunity and all the trouble he went to; the general consensus was that it beat hands down the Taikai!

post-13-14196884379706_thumb.jpg

post-13-14196884381906_thumb.jpg

post-13-14196884384704_thumb.jpg

Wow!

Thank you so much Guido for taking the time to share those. They bring back so many wonderful memories. Something I HAVE to do again.

Would you mind identifying the guys in picture DTI09?

I see Reinhard on the left (hope he is doing well) but wondering if the others are members here? Others in the pics...you are welcome to identify yourself :)

Cyrus....is that something exiting or entering? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brian

Malcolm,

I have opened up mp4 attachments, so you should be able to upload it as per any image. File size limit is 4 megs.

Give it a try, and see if it works?

Btw, I am especially interested in write-ups from those who were attending for the first time. Impressions of Japan, the DTI etc etc. It's always interesting to hear how it appears to people who have not visited there before.

Brian

I don't dare to remember who describes you to me as a mixture of a mountain lion and a grizzly... :D
That's easy, someone who doesn't know him :evil:.

John's huge frame might be intimidating to some, but he's soft-spoken and one of the most polite people I know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..