my sony point and shoot digital camera went kaput

Bungo

I am trying to " trim " the pictures I already have saved on the memory card. I saved a few " enlarged " ones but when I tried to further " trim/enlarge" the pics, I can see the further enlarged pic but camera would not allow me to save.

That's the problem.........

Ah, maybe I understand your problem.

I do not know the latest model such as D80. But I assume that you cannot edit saved pictures with your camera. You can only view enlarged picture on the monitor of the camera, I think. If that is the problem, it is the specification of the product.

I am trying to " trim " the pictures I already have saved on the memory card. I saved a few " enlarged " ones but when I tried to further " trim/enlarge" the pics, I can see the further enlarged pic but camera would not allow me to save.

That's the problem.........

Ah, maybe I understand your problem.

I do not know the latest model such as D80. But I assume that you cannot edit saved pictures with your camera. You can only view enlarged picture on the monitor of the camera, I think. If that is the problem, it is the specification of the product.

yes, that's the problem, I can zoom in 4-5 times and able to save, but further zoom in of the already enlarged pic can be done and view BUT not save.........

I guess I can do that in the computer ( may be with herr Schiller's photo software )

Milt THE ronin

http://www.irfanview.com/

If you can't spring for Photoshop or one of the other image editors, then this one is free and fairly easy to use.

Your pics just need cropping. I don't think you can save your pics on the camera past a certain point. But that is easy to do on the pc anyways.

Surely your camera came with one of the image editing suites? Most do.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..