Samurai art auctions sale in Baden-Baden, Saturday July 13

Dear sword lovers, collectors and martial artists,

It is a great pleasure to announce you the first auctions sale we organize with a serious choice of Japanese and samurai items.The sale takes place in Baden-baden, Germany, on Saturday July 13, at 14h.

The sale includes antique arms, armors and accessories of various origins. Among them, you will appreciate to see antique Japanese armors, kabuto, swords, and a large choice of tsuba and various sword parts: fuchi-kashira, menuki, kozuka.

We will be very happy to welcome you at this special sale. Of course you can reach directly the auctioneer for details, and you are welcome before the sale to examine closely the items.

Auctioneer : Julien Laureau (speaks French, German, English)

Address: Rettigstrasse 1A, Villa Rössler, D76530 Baden-baden, Germany.

Email: anticahistorica@t-online.de

Catalogue visible on the site : anticahistorica.eu

And please don't hesitate to reach me for more information.

Very best regards,

Strange indeed,

I have also seen some of these items on the french market with different estimations / prices.......

Me too !

And some mei announced are differents of what is chisel in the nakago. Such as the n°48. same den, not same smith. :evil:

200 euros for The Connoisseurs Book of Japanese Swords seams a bit high?

The issue concerning the book is just a mistake: the item on sale is not "The Connoisseurs Book of Japanese Swords" but an out of print book published by NTHK, "Book of excellent swords", written in Japanese + booklet with English translation. The publisher just made a confusion among various pics.

Please note that Anticahistorica is making its very first auction with Japanese items, and we can be forgiving for their first attempt. They had no support in nihonto knowledge and spent great energy putting together various items.

Yes, some posts were pruned after I received some clarification of address, tax number etc.

Price complaints about an auction are rather pointless too....they are only an estimate.

And the fact that the swords/items were sold previously is an indication of ....?

People need to exercise due diligence of course.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I was planning to follow this auction because I spoke with the owner of the site that was liquidating its inventory. I wanted a shakudo Tsuba from there that looked pretty nice (see attachment) and he said that anything that I wanted to purchase before the event was available and would be pulled out of the auction for a nice price.

post-4590-14196877273623_thumb.jpg

I thought that was pretty cool so I got in touch with the owner and asked him to pull the tsuba for me. Several weeks passed and then I got a hold of the actual catalog and when I looked through it, the tsuba was in there for the exact priçe that I offered him. I thought that was a bit odd. He claimed that he was not able to pull the item from the PDF catalog in time, so he had to put it online for that reason.

Then the event was rescheduled 3 times, supposedly over technical issues. I couldn't really understand what the problem was with uploading a PDF to a simple website.

So this experience left me a bit sour with the guy. He seemed nice and all, but if he didn't want to make arrangements to sell items outside of the auction, then say so.

Then I read this thread and I was clearly not surprised.

It is very difficult to withdraw an item when it is already in the auction catalogue, even if it is not. I had the experience years ago with Christie's. The catalogue was neither on line or printed but it was a Juyo level blade I wished to buy. Only due to a mistake of the auction house, the seller was able to withdraw it.

Otherwise, you could be blacklisted by auction houses...not talking of General conditions....

Bruno,

Auction has taken place. Otherwise it would have been advertised. Now, results not being published through the website, people interested could contact them and ask if the results can be available to the public. E-mail address has been provided in the first post. :D

• 4 months later...

Son of a ......!

I hate to see people get ripped off. I knew the auction was suspect since they struggled getting the website up.

I wanted two pieces out of this one. If the owner of the site would have just closed a deal with me...

I'll be keeping an eye out for this prick, guaranteed! :steamed:

Sven

The manager of this Auction house is under several investigation by the German Police. It appears that he has no licence to operate an Auction House.

Several antiques to be put into auction by this guy were proposed, privately, to Private Collectors. Lots of goods have disappeared, nobody knowing where they are (sold, hidden). Search in his flat enabled a bailiff among other things to discover two daitos hidden under a pile of towels...

Several decisions taken by German courts have placed his "goods" under receivership.

Here is his contact info:

Jean-Christophe Perrin

http://www.nihonantiquaire.com

I don't want to post his email & phone quite yet, in case he would prefer not to have them published. I can reach out to him, if need be. I think there are some NMB Members that know him.

Like I said, he's a nice guy. I was looking to buy a few tsuba from a shop in Paris that were crazy expensive and he gave me some of the history of the owner and luckily talked me out of it.

The site of the shameless thief is anticahistorica.eu and the idiot apparently left the site running. :clap:

Let's just get some facts straight so there is no confusion here. Because we are looking like we are accusing the wrong person here.

http://www.nihonantiquaire.com is one of the victims apparently...not the cause of the fraud. They lost items to a fraudulent auctioneer.

Appears to be this one: http://www.anticahistorica.eu

If true, then we are on the lookout for one Julien Michel Laureau, who is French, but claimed to be from Baden Baden?

Is that the facts as we know them?

Anyone have a picture or info on this crook?

Did some investigating. Think this is him. If someone is clever, they can win some items and ask to send a money order or cheque and get an address or contact details.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/germanauctions/ ... =12&_rdc=1

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..