not that you'll buy it but

• 1 month later...

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

now that is not nice at all!! hahahahahahahahaha

ill see where the thingie ends...... (i know a few blacksmiths here who can make me a Yari 4 re-enactment purposes anyway)

hehehehehe

sake wa, nome nome, sake wa, nome, wo yoi i yoi....... (on the music of Tanko bushi of course) :lol:

KM

Hey peter that one looks fine to me! i have put it on my watch list. curiousss what it will make in the end. 60 squids ya say? my my!!

by the way, I am trying to convert an old forged theatre sword (charlottenburg, 1810) i got for free some time ago into a Japanese "Yari" kinda type spear.....

just not sure yet if the blade shape could be allright for a long samurai spear... its for re-enactment mind you....

might even cover it in clay and fire it up in my kiln to see wether i get a hamon hahahaha....... :oops:

what do you think... could it pass off as a shape the Japanese might have used? i also plan to take some metal off the part near the tang... getting more of a

\ / shape......

here are some images...

Afbeeldingkies007.jpg

Afbeeldingkies006.jpg

Afbeeldingkies.jpg

:lol:

so.... what do you think? possible??

KM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..