I wonder if someone can tell me something about this sword

I assume you paid roughly $15-$20 on the sword plus $70-$100 on shipping? I suggest trying to sell it , and not as a Japanese blade either. Take whatever money you get and buy a book on Nihonto. The sting of buying a fake lingers long after the thrill of a bargain is gone. The story's some vendors come up with sometimes seem convincing("my uncle was plowing a field dug this up") but rest assured if its coming out of China.... it was made there and not in Japan.

:)

Val Giardina

the tsuba theme is Uesugi kenshin.................probably copied from some ukiyo-e ( musha-e ). The whole set up is modern fake.

There.............. some history for your sword.

Feel free to make some donation to the sword list as Brian the moderator/censor needs $ to maintain the site and increase bandwidth ( or whatever ) so we can post pics.

milt the ronin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..