Kanji for months of year

Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I need to find the months of the year in kanji for a mei translation and could not find them in the kanji pages link listed above. Could someone either guide me or post a picture? This is only my second attempt at translation so it is going to take me a while. Thanks Scott

Hi there,

I don't know if it is the case here, but maybe Strider is looking for the more traditional kanji for the months?

I know in most cases swords are just signed by numbering the months (ichi gatsu, ni gatsu, ... and so on).

But I have also once seen a katana that was signed 卯月, which I found translates as "u-zuki" and is also the fourth month. It seems like this example there is a more traditional kanji for every month, I found them on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_calendar

I don't think these kanji for the months are included yet in the nihontokanjipages? (if they are then I looked over them, my apologies in that case)

Greetings,

Wim

no there are not. I need to update the pages and am in the middle of doing that to several at the moment. it is just finding the time.

I will have a look through and see what is appropriate. There are also the odd kanji where 2 (二) is put side by side (二二) to read 4 and other odd things like that. It is hard to know when to stop.

Cheers

Richard Turner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..