Kamiyoshi Higo Tsuba...

Soshin

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to return the tsuba that is the topic of discussion and trade it for a tsuba from the same collection on Grey's website. I had good and fair experience with the NTHK in the past accept thier judgment. I fully recommend Grey Doffin he is a wonderful and fair person to deal with many fine tsuba still unsold on his website. :)

David I do not understand your returning the tsuba. It is yours, you bought it, you owned it a long time, studied it, sent it to shinsa and now to try to return it is very strange. I can see you selling it if you want but not returning it. If you made a mistake it was not Grey's fault. Do you feel that this is fair to Grey? After all this discussion is he to take a loss?

It is just not how I would expect business to be done. It is as if Grey was renting out his tsuba.

Let me point out that if you are sold a Shinto wakizashi and it comes back as a Gendaito, then I think you have every expectation of at least a partial refund. It isn't about making a mistake, it is about getting something completely different to what you purchased. And the fact that shinsa doesn't happen often means that there will be some time before you can verify that fact.

I think that it is a testament to Grey's ethics and business practices that he is always willing to entertain returns. That is what makes a good dealer. But I don't think we can blame David for deciding to return it.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..