A little birdie told me....

Henry Wilson

This tsuba has had me wondering for sometime

http://www.finesword.co.jp/sale/kodougu/htm/0611/547/547.htm

The mei reads something like "Hachiman Taro Hatomaru made by Munemasa" from the Myochin Ha.

Hachiman Taro is also another name for Minamoto Yoshiie from the late 10th century who is famous in Japanese history.

The Nihonto Koza 6 wonders if the making of the tsuba (it does not referred to the above tsuba directly) for the Hachiman Taro Hatomaru koshirae began with Munemasa.

What do other members think of the above tsuba? I think it is a bit peculiar and wonder if there someting that I am missing as I feel that it has significants.

Also does anyone have pictures of / links to the Hachiman Taro Hatomaru koshirae?

Regards

from Haynes Index, #6128: This is the artist who made many of the tanto size pigeon shape iron plate tsuba that he signed also, 'I am the greatest armorer in all Japan'.

Big ego, little tsuba.

(those who know me are laughing right now)

This is exactly why I don't do stand up dentistry.

Ba-boom.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..