mystery mei... plea for assistance.

jason_mazzy

Lots of nioie

Jason,

Is it a neologism for nioi/nie :?:

Concerning Yasumitsu it has been discussed at length for the last 3 months, so you will find all that is necessary to know on this smith with the search button at the top of this page. Links are also provided so you will not have much difficulties to find what is a soe bi. You must search the light by yoursef and as a last resort, call upon your NMB brothers when you have made up your mind/drawn a conclusion:D

http://www.aoi-art.com/sword/wakizashi/12525.html

http://www.nihonto.com/5.3.11.html

My initial interest was in the koshirae as a potential daisho-ish project as i have another that is close. As will be seen the blade needs a polish. In the dark with a bright light I can see the jigane and activity, near impossible to capture with a camera so I apologize for the crappy photos. The blade has seen many many polishes but has surprisingly few loose grain or kitae.

100_2466.jpg

100_2461.jpg

100_2460.jpg

100_2463.jpg

100_2459.jpg

100_2456.jpg

100_2454.jpg

100_2452.jpg

Martin, what do you mean by 中国 偽 期間 ?? China wrong period?? Not Chinese and how is it simulating another period? Great koshirae BTW. I've always liked handachi. John

I was referring to the pictures when following the url, which is now removed, where the kissaki looked strange.

When looking at these pictures here it looks not like Chinese. The pictures on the url target was not so good, almost like the person behind the camera wanted to show and hide at the same time.

Can we see the Kissaki here?

/Martin

Rule of thumb:

Study the work

look at the mei

restudy the work

ttp://www.nihonto.com/abtartshodaiyasumitsu.html

If you refer to the jigane, have a look at the article here above, to the Nihonto Koza and to Yamanaka letters. Your example provided Jacques is classical of Bizen Oei as well in jihada as in hamon

The more important thing is that the jitetsu is fine and goes from the hira ji to the shinogi ji and that the hamon is nioi deki.

Two kinds of Hamon in Yasumitsu, koshi no Hira ita mixed with Gunome choji or suguha, in all cases nioi deki. This blade is not nioi deki, and there are long sunagashi you won't find in Yasumitsu (have a look at the hamon pictures provided) futhermore, in Yasumitsu work, the nioi line (nioi guchi) tends to be of the same width throughout the hamon, very controlled very far from this blade.

Take your example, look at the nioi guchi: tight, equal throughout the blade very skillfull and controlled. Nothing to do with this blade.

Hi,

Jean,

If you refer to the jigane, have a look at the article here above, to the Nihonto Koza and to Yamanaka letters

Jean,

Nihonto Koza, koto 3, page 352.

Jitetsu :

As for works with midareba, those in which fairly coarse mokume hada that is well wrought and with ji-nie are the most common, When it is suguha those in which ko-mokume hada is tight, with ji-nie, and beautiful are the most common, in particular, in pieces of around Eikyô there are some with beautiful fine hada that is juste like nashiji hada, in these types of pieces, even the rust of the nakago is very clean, and thay are not rusted with a soiled look. In all of them bo utsuri appears very clearly