Petition against sword ban!

For those who are residents of the UK there is currently a Downing Street petition against proposed sword ban.

This potentially covers all swords but especially so called "Samurai swords" which is high up on the tabloid newspaper hit list.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/swords/

There is currently almost 9,400 signatures lets hope we can make 10,000 in the next 2 days before the closing date on the 15th May.

• 4 weeks later...

In the British press today it has been reported that Jack Straw will return as Home Secretary. He last served the post between 1997-2001 and I believe oversaw the current and now existing law regarding knife/sword ownership which the current Home Office want to have it reviewed with the possibility of some kind of ban/restriction.

I am not saying things will change for the better or worse given the way politicians thinks but if I remember rightly back in his tenure in a letter he wrote to the To-ken(?) he reassured members that sword ownership will not be affected and current laws is completely adequate. If anyone has a copy of this letter it may provide at least one useful ammo to remind Mr Straw what he had beleived in while he consider the current proposal of the sword ban. Should he renegade an option would be to circulate his letter to the media.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..