Checking

Bob M.

Revised rear image...

Is there an optimal size for images like this ? Also some advice on lighting would be appreciated - I have been using a mix of standard incandescent flood light and halogen spot.

Thanks !

Bob Morrison

post-63-14196737480457_thumb.jpg

Bob, but I would say too much incandescent light. It looks just too warm, too yellow. Try throwing in a bit of tungsten as well, to mix it up. Also look at your colour balance settings if you have them.

Sorry, didn't read the second post. It must be colour balance then, or try less incandescent light, and more tungsten.

Good work

Rich

Edit: - thanks to rkg for pointing out my stupidity, I said try tungsten when I meant halogen or something at least bluer or whiter, to combat the yellow.

RT.

Hi,

It does look waay yellow - try setting your camera for tungsten lights in the white balance settings), or reshoot the tsuba with something white or

grey somewhere in the picture and use your photo editor to tweak to the right color. These could be fixed pretty easily, but it seems every photo

editor has a different design philosophy/set of tools so I can't give you

a specific suggestion on how in your application (some let you tweak the

color temperature, some have a "normalize" function, some have a

"photo filter" so you can crank in an equivalent of an 80A, some only have some kind of "auto fix" feature, some you have to manually tweak colors, etc., etc.,).

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

Have re-shot the same tsuba in natural light - I think it looks a little better.

I must have a play with the colour balance functions as it is difficult to rely on good natural light . Thanks for all the suggestions , please keep them coming...

Bob Morrison

post-63-14196737543536_thumb.jpg

post-63-141967375456_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..